Search for ...

About

The collection at Schönbrunn comprises the core holdings of the former fleet of carriages and coaches used by the imperial court in Vienna. These 100 or so carriages, sleighs, sedan chairs and litters – with their harnesses, saddles and caparisons – survived the abolition of the monarchy in 1918. Since then, the collection has expanded and now encompasses a total of 170 vehicles.

The highlights include the gilded “imperial carriage,” Maria Theresia’s golden carouselcarriage, the child’s phaeton of Napoleon’s son, the Imperial black hearse, the personal landaulet of Empress Elisabeth, and the only preserved court automobile from 1914.

History

Floor plans

Combined ticket

Annual Ticket

Shopping at the Museum

to top